FDS® is a flow drilling screw designed for joining high strength sheet materials. An FDS® fastener creates an extrusion in the sheet material which provides increased thread engagement resulting in a high strength joint.
FDS® only requires one side access for installation. The one sided accessibility provides for assembly into hollow profiles such as hydro-formed or aluminum extrusions.
Some of the features include:
- Can be used with or without a pre-hole
- If used without a pre-hole, assembly alignment issues are eliminated
- No material waste or chips are created when forming the extrusion
- Used with various sheet materials
- Easily removable and serviceable